Friday, September 28, 2012

My dear friends Mashelle Preston and Michelle Hansen & I went on the Pumpkin Parade Shop Hop here in Utah.  We drove from Spanish Fork to Logan, Utah and back, stopped in 7wonderful quilt shops on the way and had a wonderful day.  We bought fabric, patterns, magazines and books, tasted wonderful goodies, saw some old friends along the way, spent too much money, and wished we had more money to spend.  But, the best part was just getting away from home and spending the day with friends.  I love finding new recipes, so I want to share a couple of recipes that I tasted along the way.  The first one is:

Pumpkin Fudge from My Girlfriends Quilt Shoppe in Logan, Utah

3 cups sugar
3/4 cup melted butter
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
2 Tblsp. corn syrup
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

1 (12 oz.) pkg. white chocolate chips
1 (7 oz.) jar marshmallow creme
1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Stir together first 6 ingredients in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.

Cook, stirring constantly, until a candy thermometer registers 234 degrees (soft-ball stage), or for about 12 minutes.

Remove pan from heat, stir in remaining ingredients until well blended.  Pour into a greased aluminum foil lines 9-inch square pan.  Let stand for 2 hours or until completely cool; cut fudge into squares.

Yummy!

Next recipe is from American Quilting for Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies

Mix the following in a bowl then set aside -
1 cup flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. baking soda
2 cups oatmeal

In a mixing bowl, cream
1 cube butter
1 1/2 cups brown sugar

Add -
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup pumpkin

Add dry ingredients.  Mix by hand until barely blended.
Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips.

Place in small scoops onto a baking sheet that has parchment paper for best results.
Makes 50 small cookies.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.


Sorry, this is the only picture I took on the shop hop. (my daughter wasn't with me, with her camera)
This was a free pattern at Quilters Haven (in Bountiful, Utah) and they didn't have a picture with the pattern so I had to take a picture on my phone, its an orange, purple and black foundation paper pieced tabletopper, I also received  a free pattern for a Pumpkin Parade Pin Keeper, and several pumpkin tablerunners and tabletoppers.

I'm diffently in the mood for fall and pumpkins, I just wish it would cool off her in Utah, its still in the 80's which is very hot for us, this time of the year.  Check back later, I'm working on a black and orange table topper, I'll post pictures when I get it done.


1 comment:

  1. This table runner is from Quilter Haven in Bountiful, Elaines is in Cottonwood Heights and they did a differant table runner with 3 pumpkins on it.

    ReplyDelete