Saturday, August 25, 2012

Lemon Cookies

A close tie with my love of quilting is my love of cooking and baking.  So I decided in addition to my quilting projects I would share some of my recipes.  I don't remember where I found this recipe.  It's been typed up in my collection of recipes for years.  But last month for my mother's 80th birthday party I made these cookies and they were a big hit.  I needed to send my son in California a care package this week so I baked these cookies.  One recipe doesn't make very much (only about 2 dozen cookies),  I made three times this recipe so I had enough to send my son and have some for our family to munch on.  Please enjoy, these are very easy to make, and wonderful to eat.



Sunshine Kisses

1 package lemon cake mix
1 egg
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 Tblsp. water
1/3 cup pecans

Combine cookie ingredients.  Bake at 375 degrees for 16 minutes.  Let cool 3 minutes.

Glaze: 1 lemon
1 cup powdered sugar
Remove 1 tsp. zest from lemon,
remove 2 Tblsp. juice from lemon.
Whisk ingredients in small mixing bowl.  Drizzle glaze on cooled cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment