Wednesday, October 31, 2012

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!



Here it is!!!  All finished!!!
 Brandy quilted it and I got it bound on Monday and hung it on my wall 2 days before Halloween.
I love it, I had so much fun making this quilt.
I used tiny yellow buttons for all the bats eyes, all the backgrounds for the bats and the house blocks are all different fabrics.  I used a bell charm for my school bell.  I fussy cut an owl from fabric for the window of the barn.  I fussy cut pumpkins for the pumpkins next to the school.  I fussy cut ghosts for the windows of the door at the school.  I had black fabric that I used for the fence at the school, I think it looks like chain link.  I changed all the green to light green.  I fussy cut pumpkins for the pumpkins hanging from the tree and the black bird.  I used brick fabric for the chimney, pavement fabric for the sidewalks, fabric that looks like dirt in front of the barn, and I love the fabric on the side of the barn, it has spiders on it.  
The sashing fabric has spider webs on it.  
AND I sewed door handles on the school doors that are eyes from old fashioned hooks and eyes.

Check out www.quiltcompany.com to see how the designer made her quilt
 or to order the pattern and/or accessory fabric packet.

I made Apricot Jam in my crockpot today from dried apricots, 
check back for the recipe, I will post that next.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with Chi. I really like this Halloween quilt! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete